Historically, as soon as you get married, your family starts giving you gifts. It’s part of the tradition. And now, thanks to the internet, it’s easier than ever to get your hands on some really great gifts for your new spouse. Whether you’re buying for a husband, wife, or both, there are plenty of ideas for unique gifts for him and for her. If you’re looking for some great ideas, read on for some great suggestions.
According to traditional etiquette, a 10 year anniversary present made of aluminum or tin is reserved for the most romantic of weddings. While that may not sound romantic, there are in fact lots of fun, adventurous and exciting gifts made of those silver-toned metals nowadays. Plus, they are both fitting representations of such a wedding that has lasted ten years. Here are some terrific ideas for wedding anniversary gifts that can be made with either of those metals, or even both:
* Gifts in a tin can be personalized with a special message. For example, if your loved one has a hobby that includes building model cars, he or she might particularly enjoy receiving a set of building plans. Or perhaps she’s a fan of model trains and likes to show off her collection. If she’s a photographer, you could personalize a camera case with her name printed on the inside. There are plenty of great hobbies that can be expressed by a tin can, and they’ll be even better when it’s personalized.
* The classic idea for a thoughtful gift is a personalized CD. The classic CD is a great way to show that you care about your friend’s or family member’s interests. Personalized CDs come in a variety of themes, from country and western to rock and pop. Imagine how delighted your friend or family member will be when they receive a CD featuring the sound of their favorite band. Your personalized CD is truly a timeless treasure.
* Jewelry is always a great gift idea, but it can also be meaningful in a different way that you might think. With the prices of precious metals dropping, you might want to consider buying your friends or family members jewelry that is not very expensive. Popular wedding anniversary gifts that are now quite affordable include watches, rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. It’s easy to find pieces that are affordable, but look for something special when selecting jewelry.
* Of course, nothing says love like a diamond. While diamonds are certainly more expensive than many other jewelry items, you can choose to give a diamond ring instead of another type of gift. Or you can select a simple diamond band. The great thing about giving a diamond as a wedding present is that you have so many styles, shapes, sizes, and colors available to choose from. If you can’t afford a diamond, consider purchasing cultured diamonds instead, which are often less expensive and look just as beautiful.
* A 10th wedding anniversary is the perfect opportunity to give gifts that will last a lifetime. Consider purchasing a piece of artwork that features a couple sitting in front of the fountain. Or why not design a spectacular wedding cake that is made just for your loved one? A cake will last for a long time, but there are a number of creative designs that will last much longer. When choosing a cake, remember that your wedding theme should be included in the cake. If you are having a western wedding, for instance, you could purchase a cowboy hat for your cake, and a pair of boots for your groom.
Finally, you may want to consider something that is both thoughtful and personalized. One idea is to create a CD that includes all of the music from your wedding. Then, you can create personalized CD covers with pictures of you and your groom as well as the date of your anniversary. Jewelry, cameras, and other items that can be personalized to make thoughtful gifts that will be valued for many years to come.